ARRESTED? CALL or TEXT Attorney David Kephart
on his cell phone at 480-456-0025
NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE Arizona Revised Statute §13-1102
- A person commits negligent homicide if with criminal negligence the person causes the death of another person, including an unborn child.
- An offense under this section applies to an unborn child in the womb at any stage of its development. A person may not be prosecuted under this section if any of the following applies:
- The person was performing an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on the pregnant woman’s behalf, has been obtained or for which the consent was implied or authorized by law.
- The person was performing medical treatment on the pregnant woman or the pregnant woman’s unborn child.
- The person was the unborn child’s mother.
- Negligent homicide is a class 4 felony.